Family Attorney Says New Video Confirms 2 Young Black Girls Were Snubbed By Character At Theme Park – CBS Philly

LANGHORNE, Pa. (CBS) — A new video and additional details were released Friday showing another angle after a video went viral claiming a character at Bucks County’s Sesame Place refused to high-five two young Black girls. Earlier this week, Jodi Brown, the mother who took the original video, said the character Rosita was walking a parade route, high-fiving and hugging other children, but intentionally ignored her daughter and niece.

Brown believes it was because of the color of their skin, but Sesame Place officials though are claiming it was a misunderstanding.

READ MORE: Philadelphia Grand Prix Featuring NASCAR Champions Takes Over Fairmount Park

Civil rights activists plan to “shut down” Sesame Place in Langhorne on Saturday at 12 p.m. in response to the incident.

The family’s attorney, B’lvory LaMarr, released a video showing a new angle from the moment. They say the new video confirms the girls were snubbed by the character, refuting Sesame Place’s claims.

He says at the end of this new video, it shows the character hugging a child of a different race after passing by the two Black girls.

“This video is disturbing for several reasons. It suggests that a company will do and say anything to escape accountability,” LaMarr said in a release. “Such acts, undoubtedly, cause further pain and distress to victims. The still shots from the video clearly show that Skylar and Nylah were approximately 2 feet away from the Caucasian lady with the purple shirt, who was the last person to receive a high-five from Rosita.”

CBS3 has contacted Sesame Place for a response, but in previous statements, the theme park apologizes and said what happened was unacceptable.

Among the millions who grew up watching Sesame Street is activist Gary Frazier Jr., of Camden.

“I know, I’m 46 years old, I’m still trying to find out how to get to Sesame Street, but I’m going to definitely learn how to get there at 46 tomorrow,” Frazier said.

Fraizer wouldn’t detail how activists plan to shut down the park, though flyers are circulating and one says armed Black Panther groups will be attending.

He says those groups are exercising their second amendment rights.

READ MORE: Truck Recovered In Hit-And-Run That Left Bicyclist Dead In West Philadelphia

“We don’t know what we’re walking into tomorrow, in such a rural area, but we do know that we have a group of individuals who are ensuring our safety,” Fraizer said.

Educator and broadcaster Will Mega, who’s quoted in the flyers, is not involved in organizing this shutdown. He’s asked the Pennsylvania Human Rights Commission to investigate Sesame Place.

While he supports an economic boycott, he’s urging people to leave their guns at home.

“I think our children have been traumatized enough,” Mega said. “I would suggest that you keep your children home and shoot Sesame Place in the pocket.”

“The damage is already done and so they have to feel exactly what those children’s faces felt,” Frazier said.

Activists across the country are calling for immediate identification and termination of the person who was wearing the Rosita costume, according to a release.

A spokesperson for the attorney representing the family of the two girls says they were only made aware Friday about the shutdown and are looking into it.

Eyewitness News requested comments from Langhorne Borough Police and Sesame Place and is awaiting responses.

Civil right attorney Ben Crump will join the family’s attorney for a press conference Saturday at noon.

MORE NEWS: Philadelphia Police, Community Groups Hold Day-Long Camp In Fairmount Focused On Ending Youth Violence

CBS3’s Brandon Goldner contributed to this report.